Sunday, October 24, 2010
No Rest for the Idle
So there's $559.64 sitting idling since 10/07/2010. That's almost three weeks of no activity. Major weak-sauce. If there's anything worse then buying mutual funds, bonds and other fixed-income securities, it's sitting on idle cash.
Looking at a couple of ideas:
-Another Silver Straddle [Still volatile, especially with much currency uncertainty]
-Straddling MCO (Moody's Corp) - their triple A ratings are garbage, the USA is gonna be IOUsa no matter how many golden stars anyone bestows
-Shorting the DOW - remember the dead cat bounce? it's going downnn
-Shorting Oil - no clue, there's so many different oil stocks... but like the DOW, I think prices are going down
-Shorting Natural Gas - oil/gas. tchyea
-Platinum ETFs? I think there's a few ETF's that trade platinum. I just hope there's an options chain to play with
-More physical gold and silver - can't go wrong there, just stacking up the physical gold and silver, ETF's is fool's good, they may or may not have the actual holdings, just read the prospectus and prepared to be freaked out
While I say I'd short many things, I'd still straddle my positions by buying options on both the call and put side in case I'm wrong. Essentially it costs twice as much, but I have two exit strategies in either direction. So long as something moves, I'm okay. If it moves a lot, I'd be very happy. If it idles too long, I'm willing to take up to a 20% loss and move on.
I gotta make a decision soon..
This sounds horrible, but I really want some serious volatility, something crazy.
9/11 crazy. World War 3 Crazy. Currency Melt-Down Crazy.
The stock markets goes freakin ape-shit and always overreacts to such bad news. They are hardly pleased with good news to begin with, nothing gets prices yo-yo'ing like bad news.
If nothing else, hell, I'll trade silver ETF's up and down till the U.S. empire falls apart.
As cool as straddles & strangles are, I need to learn some directional trades (bullish or bearish).
Cheers~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment